Since summer is the half way point in the year, some people find it helpful to reflect on the previous months or to think about what they want to accomplish for the rest of the year. One way to do this is through journaling, so I have gathered a list of some of my favorite prompts for the summer. They include prompts for goal setting, creativity or reflection. There is a journal prompt here for everyone. Enjoy this list of summer journal prompts to keep you inspired.
- Does summer feel different than other seasons to you? Why or why not?
- Does your family have any summer traditions? What makes them special?
- What part of summer do you look forward to the most every year? Why?
- Take your journal outside and describe your surroundings. How are you feeling? What are you noticing?
- What is your favorite summer memory from your childhood?
- Create a summer bucket list.
- Write a love letter to your body.
- What is your favorite summer treat? How would you describe it?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity? How can it translate into other areas of your life?
- What are your favorite summer self-care ideas? Which ones can you do this week?
- What does your dream summer day look like?
Journal Prompts for Reflection and Growth
- What do you need to forgive yourself for?
- Who do you need to forgive? Write an unsent letter to them.
- If you could travel into the past, what would you do?
- If you could travel into the future, what would you do?
- Write about your biggest life changing moments.
- What is the most valuable lesson life has taught you?
- Describe the happiest version of yourself.
- What do you do when people are unsupportive?
- How do you know when to let go?
- Make a list of the treasures in your life.
Prompts for Goal Setting
- What quotes remind you of your goals and dreams?
- What goals have you accomplished in the past six months?
- Have your goals changed from the beginning of the year?
- Have you accomplished what you wanted to so far this year? Why or why not?
- What are your goals for the rest of the year?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- If you could attract anything into your life, what would it be?
- What does success mean to you?
- What holds you back from achieving your goals?
- What are your goals for the month?
Journal Prompts for Creativity
- What do you like to create?
- What kinds of things did you create as a child?
- What creative hobbies would you like to try?
- How has creativity helped you?
- How are you unique?
- Make a list of things you enjoy doing.
- Take a photo of something beautiful.
- Make a hand written card or write a letter to someone you love.
Do you have any favorite journal prompts that you like to use for the summer? Tell me in the comments. Happy writing!