Technically, autumn is not here yet, but the leaves are changing color and the weather is getting a bit cooler. At least it is here in the northeast where I am. When the seasons change, it is a good time to stop and reflect. You can figure out what you want to do with the remainder of the year, explore personal growth topics or simply have fun writing about new and old fall memories. Here are 35 fall journal prompts to help you fill those blank pages.
The last quarter of the year is a perfect time for goal setting. Prioritize and outline a plan to achieve your goals by the end of the year with these journal prompts.
- What are your goals for the next three months?
- How important are these goals? Put them in order.
- If you were to achieve these goals, how will your life change?
- What might block you from achieving these goals?
- How can you remove these blocks?
- What steps can you take to achieve your goals? (List out steps for each goal)
- What is one step you can take today to achieve at least one of your goals?
- How will you feel when you accomplish these goals?
- How will you feel if you don’t achieve them?
- What has helped you accomplish goals in the past?
Enjoy these fun seasonal prompts.
- What feels different about the fall?
- What are your fall traditions?
- What fall traditions would you like to create?
- What is your favorite Halloween memory?
- If you could cast one magical spell, what would it be?
- What is your favorite Thanks Giving memory?
- What are you grateful for?
- What are your favorite fall foods?
- Describe your perfect fall day.
- Take some fall photos and make a photo collage. Write any thoughts you may have.
Use these journal prompts to explore your thoughts and feelings.
- How does your self-care routine change in the fall?
- What do you need to let go of?
- What is the biggest change you’ve ever made in your life?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What are you afraid of?
- Name 50 things you are grateful for.
- What season of life are you in and why?
- What would you like to achieve by next fall?
- What are you excited to do each day?
- How do you define beauty?
- What are you open to receiving?
- If you have kids in school, how do you feel about them returning to school this year?
- What is your biggest struggle right now?
- What is your biggest source of joy right now?
- What do you need to do to prepare for winter?
Let me know if you find these fall journal prompts useful. Do your journaling habits change with the seasons or are you just getting started with journaling? Let’s talk about it in the comments.